Anywho, we decided to take a trip on our anniversary weekend to the lovely state of Utah. Utah is a beautiful state, that's for sure. Here are some pictures that I took. Just for the record, I'm a really bad photographer and I never remember to bring my camera or if I do, I forget to take pictures. However, I did an awesome job with taking pictures this trip. Someone's gotta create the memories!
Only an hour from landing in SLC and we're already doing activities. Hanging out with Grandpa Chris and Barbara is like that...no time to waste! GC and B took us trap shooting first. It was my first time ever and I was thrilled to hit 2 out of 25. I think they were lucky, though, because I'm pretty sure I closed my eyes the second I pulled the trigger. Ryan on the other hand, is apparently a skilled shooter. He only missed 3 out of 25. Everyone was floored by how well he did. I'm thinking that he practices when I go to bed every night....
So I'm a bit of a city girl and had no idea that this was an actual REAL bear at the time I was hugging it. Had I have known that, I probably wouldn't have hugged him...
Day Two of our trip was Timpanogas Caves. This was a mile and a half climb up over 1,000 feet! Very steep incline and not to mention the sheer rock cliffs right next to you. Very beautiful scenery!
Inside the caves is my happy explorer with his flashlight.
Here's me trying not to look freezing cold (it was 45 degrees in there and dripping wet)!
Once in Heber City, Ryan and I took several drives throughout the countryside together. Every time I saw a deer from the road I would yell, "DEER!!" and Ryan would stop the car, back up, and let me get out to take a picture. I took so many deer pictures that I'll spare you and only post one pic.
Random picture by a cool fence and Aspen trees.
We visited the Olympic Ski Park, near Park City (which was snowing BTW...in late May!) and sat in a Bobsled. I, of course, made several references to Cool Runnings. It's bobsled time!!
Our anniversary dinner at the Snake Creek Grill. GC and B took us here and we ate to our hearts content. I had salmon with veggies and quinoa and Ryan had a pork tenderloin. Then we shared Ryan's favorite dessert, creme brulee. It was delicious!!
This picture is particularly funny to me because of Ryan's expression. I even made the picture bigger. It was the only time that we bickered the whole trip. He didn't want to take more pictures and I made him because, hello!, look at the background! It's beautiful! So his expression is his way of getting back at me. I just find it funny. :)
Home from our trip and attempting to eat our wedding cake. This is the good side.
This is the bad side. Someone, may or may not have, but definitely did, eat some of it before a year was up. I'm glad I did though, because at least I got 2 good bites. Year old, freezer burned cake is NO GOOD! My advice to people getting married in the near future... EAT YOUR CAKE RIGHT AFTER YOUR WEDDING! Screw traditions!
1 comment:
I love these pictures! And your blog entry! It's so fun to read what you write. Have you told anyone about your blog yet?? You should! You can also do a post on FB as a link to your blog and it makes it nice. If you're ready. No hurry. :)
I'm not smokin'...I'm breathin'!!!
Post a Comment