Saturday, May 19, 2012

Two Months Old!

I've been such a bad blogger lately so let me sum up.  Ryan and I have a new addition to our family and his name is Lucas Gregory Hammers.  Lucas is from one of Ryan's favorite TV shows, One Tree Hill, and Gregory is Ryan's Father's name.  These last two months have been a whirlwind, but I'm finally starting to feel like I have a hold on the whole "mom" thing.  Course, right when I start to think that Lucas throws something new at me (figuratively speaking).  Our first few weeks were insane.  Ryan was able to stay home for 2 weeks which was awesome, especially when mom was freaking out.  Let me just say right now, one would think that being a woman with boobs would make breastfeeding come naturally.  Maybe it does for some, but for me...not so much.  We (mainly just me) had to work at it and see lactation consultants.  But, happy to report now, we're doing just great in that department.

Here's some pictures of the last two months with our little man:


My favorite newborn picture (that's ryan's hand in case you're wondering).


Our first family picture!


Such a proud daddy!


First bath which he really likes (thank goodness!).  He loves being in the tub but screams bloody murder when I take him out and get him dressed.


One Month Old picture


Getting ready for a walk.  We walk every morning and he instantly falls asleep in the stroller.


Angel Baby face


No matter how tight we swaddle him he always gets his left arm out.  We even use a swaddle wrap with velcro to "straight-jacket" him in.  


One of our favorite activites after eating is staring out the window.  He usually will laugh or get really excited when looking out the blinds.


Watching a soccer game with dad in matching jerseys.


My first mother's day.  


Smiley baby face before his first set of shots.


The aftermath of the shots.  Poor baby.

 Another one of our favorite activites, staring at the ceiling fan and laughing at it.


Hmm...what is this thing attached to my arm?  I think I want to suck on it.



It's really crazy to look at the progression of these pictures of our sweet Buddy Love to see how fast he's changed in just 2 months!  Gotta go...time to start our feed/activity/sleep routine for the umpteenth time today!





No comments: