Monday, June 18, 2012

3 Months!

Our sweet Buddy Love is 3 months old now and changes everyday!  It's really amazing to see how fast he changes.  If fact, just the other day it really hit me.  Ryan and I were giving him a bath (yes, it takes both of us...I'm too afraid to do it alone right now) and all of a sudden he started kicking and moving around in the water.  Normally he would just sit in the water and stay very, very still.  But for some reason during this bath, he decided to kick and move around.  It hit me that this little boy is growing up.  During my pregnancy a small part of me thought I would be pregnant forever.  That didn't happen (thanks goodness).  Then during my sleep deprived newborn phase, I felt that would last forever.  But it didn't either.  I'm starting to realize that Buddy Love will be constantly changing and growing and will never be exactly as he was the day before.  So I'm going to try to enjoy each day with my sweet Buddy, or at least some moment of each day (some days I really have to look HARD for these moments).   :)

Here's what's going on in month 3 of Buddy Love's life:

His favorite parent is definitely Daddy.  I think it has been from night one in the hospital.  He loves his mom (sometimes I think just for my boob), but he's instantly calm when in Dad's hands.  Even if Dad is playing ping pong (see below).





 His favorite morning activity is talking to the animals on his mobile.  Do they make mobiles that last longer than 30 seconds?  I seriously wind that thing up until he's had enough...sometimes we'll get in 5 or 6 rounds. 


He's talking non-stop right now and it's starting to have tone.  Sometimes his talking sounds like he's happy and sometimes it sounds like he's just complaining about life.  "If I have to look at that black umbrella hanging on the wall one more time, mom..."


More pictures from this month:

This picture is kinda blurry but I think it's cute.  He's in his lil' peanut outfit which was the first onesie I bought when I found out I was pregnant.  Plus he's also doing his, what I like to call, "air guitar."  


 First time at the Wild Animal Park (or San Diego Zoo Safari Park...whatever).


 "Um, really mom?  How many pictures of me are you going to take in one day?"


I'm a smiley baby with dimples!


  

No comments: