Sunday, August 12, 2012

5 Months Old!

Apparently I just decided to skip month 4.  Whoops.  Mommy Brain.  So we're talking month 5 now!  Here's what's going on with our Buddy Love.  Best part: we are consistently sleeping through the night!!  Wahoo!  He goes to bed between 7:30 and 8pm with nay a peep then gets a "dream feed" around 10pm.  Dream Feed=waking baby up just slightly enough to eat.  Kinda of a hit-and-run feeding to top him off for the night.  Then we get him up around 7 am.  He usually wakes up around 5 am and will drift in/out of sleep for a couple hours and talk to himself.  It used to be really cute to hear him babbling to himself, but it got old real fast at 5 am.  So now I turn the baby monitor off and rely on my mommy-radar to hear crying if he needs me (we have a super-small apartment anyway).  I love that Ryan and I have have taught him good sleep habits early.  Buddy Love is able to put himself to sleep for naps and bed without any rocking/bouncing/bottle.  We just lay him in his crib and he instantly turns to his side and starts sucking his fingers.  Sometimes I miss the rocking and bouncing, but this way is definitely better in the long run I think.

Buddy Love's favorite activities these days include sucking on his fingers, singing in the car, and talking/yelling while kicking his legs CONSTANTLY.  His right leg has been kicking non-stop since he emerged from the womb.  Here's a video of our little yeller:



Here's some pictures:

Sucking on my fingers!!

This is Buddy Love's excited face (his legs will be kicking non-stop too).

Curious face (he's always curious about something)

Happy Face!

Sad Face.  He didn't like his Bumbo the first day we got it.

Second day he liked it!  But still curious...

More curious...staring at my phone.

Practicing our rolling-over skills.  He will roll over, but mostly by accident right now.  He hates tummy time so if he rolls over to his stomach he'll start crying.  We're working on making tummy time a happy time. 

  

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Dude - this kid is so stinking adorable. It's ridiculous.

Tracy Moore said...

Cute baby! And I'm glad you post stuff on your blog :-)