I've decided that the reason I'm not a good blogger (aside from the fact that I'm not a "wordy" person) is because I always think I need something grand and fabulous to blog about. So when I have a tiny urge to blog, I talk myself out of it because I don't have fabulous things to write. Well, I decided that's dumb. Life isn't made up of all these grand and fabulous things...they are lots of little somethings. So I'm going to start posting these little somethings (especially when my kid does something funny/cute/gross) so I don't forget them! Here are the little somethings that have been going on...
My sweet Buddy Love enjoys picking his nose and giving me his "treasures." Before this, he was picking up crumbs and giving them to me. He'd pinch the crumb in between his index finger and thumb so I never really knew what I was getting. Then one day it was a booger. Ew. My little somethings are starting off great, verdad? Don't worry, the worst is over.
Buddy Love knows the following body parts: nose, eyes, ears, hair, head, hands, fingers, feet, toes, and belly. He also loves to find other people's bellies. He proceeds to lift up their shirts and slaps their belly. We're trying to teach him it's not entirely socially acceptable. :)
Last night he was all ready for bed, had a bath, pj's on, Bunny in hand (his favorite lovey) and we were about to put him in his crib. He kept saying "tee" "tee" and we couldn't figure out what he was saying. So I said, "show mama." Then he lead us down the hallway to our bathroom and pointed to his toothbrush. Mama forgot to brush his teeth! Ryan and I were amazed because he's never really done that before! He does like to brush his teeth, though. Although I must admit, that's probably one of my least favorite things to do for him. He just likes to suck the toothpaste off and doesn't open his mouth. Ugh.
Ryan and I have been painting A LOT. Currently we are painting our living room. It's been about a 2 week process. We try to do sections during the week after Lucas goes to bed. Ever try painting with a toddler running around? Not a good idea. So we wait until he's down then paint for an hour or two. Pretty exhausting, but it's so nice when it's done! I'll post pics when it's complete.
I need to leave with another picture so the picture of my kid picking his nose isn't the only one on this blog.
Buddy LOVES hats. Mainly because Dada wears hats on the weekends when he works outside. He wants to be just like Dada. This picture is a little old, but I think it's adorable.


1 comment:
YAY!! Another blog post!! You are right that it's easy to talk yourself out of blogging when life just feels normal and ho-hum...but I enjoyed reading about your little man and his treasures! He's such a cutie pie!!
Post a Comment